TWO DAY PRESCHOOL
AGE 2 BY AUGUST 31
THURSDAY and FRIDAY 9:30-11:30 AM
Teacher Bio: Jayme Sroka
Jayme grew up here in West Seattle, went to co-op as a child and was raised by a co-op teacher. She graduated SSCC in 2009 with an AA and started working with children as a nanny before going back to school to become a massage therapist. During her studies, she learned a lot about anatomy, physiology, and structural function of the human body, which then sparked an interest in health/nutrition. Jayme owns her own small massage business and loves what she does!
Jayme is married with 3 children (all boys!) and has had the opportunity to participate in our program with her two younger sons. In her own words: “My 6 year old was enrolled in all of the preschool classes offered, it was amazing to see the transformation he went through during those years. Co-op gave me the correct tools, sense of community, open resources that I needed, and still does as I go through the program again with my soon-to-be 2 year old. I am inspired to begin my journey as a 2’s co-op teacher this year, and excited to learn and grow with the parents and children!”
Life with a 2 year old is like a Seattle day–sunny one moment and cloudy the next!
• They are excited to play and explore.
• Their imaginations are blossoming.
• They still need our help moving beyond “MINE!”
Our class is a safe place to express their independence by exploring a room full of opportunities. As they grow more comfortable with language, we help them learn to communicate their needs.
9:30 Welcome from Teacher Jayme
9:45 Choice Time to Play, Explore, Pretend, and Create
10:45 Put Away Time (we made a joyful mess and we learn to clean up, too)
10:50 Circle Time Story and Songs (learning to sit and take part)
11:00 Snack (sitting together eating a healthy snack furnished and prepared by parents according to Health Department standards)
11:15 Music and Movement (singing and using big muscles)
11:30 Time to say Good Bye
Parents assist in the classroom one day a week.
- You choose whether your day each week will be either Thursday or Friday.
- If you cannot come in due to illness, etc. you ask another parent to trade with you.
- We teach you ways to interact with the kids using our “positive discipline” philosophy.
- Your child comes the other day without you.
- Some 2-3’s have a hard time separating–we follow your lead and help you both make this transition.
Parent Education is an important part of our Two Day Preschool
- A Parenting Educator attends class one day each week (alternating Thursday and Friday) ready to check in with you to offer tips that will help at home and at school
- The class chooses one night a month for a Parent Meeting–time to learn about guidance and discipline AND as an adult night out together (example: first Tuesday of each month 7-9:00)
- To personalize your learning, choose from a list of free talks on topics such as: Guidance & Discipline, Raising Boys/Girls, Separation, Sleep, Potty Learning, First Aid and CPR
“Being in co-op helped us move through those ‘Terrible Two’s’ I had heard about. They weren’t so bad because I had friends going through it together–with the help of our teachers!”