UPDATE: 2020-21 Reopening Plan in response to Covid
As one of the South Seattle College Cooperative Preschools, White Center Cooperative Preschool will follow the phased reopening plan that SSCCP administration designed.
The details of the plan can be found in the document linked below:
White Center Cooperative Preschool has been a West Seattle tradition for more than 50 years.
Our skilled early childhood educators provide:
- a stimulating learning environment for 2, 3, 4, and 5 year olds that inspires enthusiasm for learning
- a nurturing place that fosters friendships and builds social and emotional school readiness
- a parent community unmatched by other kinds of preschools–we develop strong bonds and remain lifelong friends.
We are located inside the old Mt. View Presbyterian Church in White Center at 10806 12th Avenue SW, conveniently close to the Arbor Heights, Highland Park, South Park, and Burien neighborhoods, plenty of nearby parks, attractions, and transit.
When visiting, please park on the back side of the building, from the entrance off 108th st.
Come say hello and visit our cozy, welcoming preschool!
Preschool for your child…Parent community for you
What We Provide…
Our preschool teachers provide a rich environment full of learning activities that are just right for the developmental stage of your child. Our specialty is helping children learn the joy of discovery through play and guided learning interactions where they:
- explain scientific discoveries like why drops of color make tunnels in ice…
- solve social predicaments like who gets to serve the pretend pizza first…
- resolve potential emotional hurdles like how to practice self-control when feeling frustrated
How Parents Help…
Because parents get to assist in the classroom one day each week and the adult-child ratio is so high, the choice of learning centers to explore is wide and opportunities for critical thinking and social problem-solving are great.
Check the Parents tab for more information about Parent Involvement.
Our curriculum is aligned with WaKIDS, Washington State Kindergarten Entrance Guidelines and supports:
- Family connection
- Whole child assessment for individualized learning
- Supporting smooth transition into Kindergarten