- Positive Parenting Online
- The Educator’s Reference Desk
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Speech, Languge and Hearing Association
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
A Variety for your Bookshelf:
Every child and every parent is unique. One book would never suffice! We know you don’t have time to read as many books as you might like–so in our classes your parent educators keep up with the current literature and research then give you short articles to put by your bedside or on the fridge.
- Becoming the Parent You Want to Be, A Sourcebook of Strategies for the First Five Years by Laura Davis and Janis Keyser
- Beyond Behavior Management:The Six Life Skills Children Need to Thrive in Today’s World by Jenna Bilmes
- The Dance of Anger by Harriet Goldhor Lerner, Ph.D.
- Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky A. Bailey, Ph.D.
- Family First by Dr. Phil McGraw
- Gesell Institute Books: Your One Year Old, Your Two Year Old, etc. by Ames & Ilg
- The Heart of Parenting, Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child by John Gottman Ph.D.
- The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.
- How Much Is Enough? by Jean Illsley Clarke
- How to Raise a Child with a High EQ by Lawrence E. Shapiro Ph.D.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- Is This a Phase? (Child Development & Parent Strategies Birth – 6 years) by Helen F. Neville
- Kids Can Cooperate by Elizabeth Crary
- Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv
- Love and Anger, The Parent Dilemma by Nancy Samalin
- Love & Limits by Elizabeth Crary
- Mind in the Making by Ellen Galinsky
- Multiple Intelligences by Howard Gardner
- Nurture Shock by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- Parenting Tips & Tools by Elizabeth Crary
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Pick Up Your Socks by Elizabeth Crary
- Positive Discipline for Preschoolers by Jane Nelson Ed. D.
- Positive Discipline for the First Three Years by Jane Nelson Ed. D.
- Raising Compassionate, Courageous Children by Dr. Janice Cohn
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- Real Boys by William Pollack, Ph.D.
- Remote Control Childhood? Combating the Hazards of Media Culture by Diane E. Levin
- The Mindful Brain by Daniel Siegel
- The Shelter of Each Other by Mary Pipher Ph.D.
- Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The Six Stages of Parenthood by Ellen Galinsky
- The Sleep Book for Tired Parents by Rebecca Huntley MSW
- The 90-Minute Baby Sleep Program by Dr. Polly Moore
- Television and the Lives of Our Children by Gloria DeGaetano, M.Ed.
- The Ten Greatest Gifts I Give My Children by Steven W. Vannoy
- What Should I Tell the Kids? by Ava L. Siegler, Ph.D.
- Without Spanking or Spoiling by Elizabeth Crary
- Your Baby & Child from Birth to Age Five by Penelope Leach
South Seattle College Cooperative Preschool Program for Preschools in West Seattle