WELCOME PARENTS NEW TO WCCP!
What makes this preschool a “Co-op?” Parents who want to be involved in their child’s early education!
“Parenting is easier and more fun because of my involvement in Co-op Preschool!”
Parents get to:
- assist the teacher in the classroom one session each week–we show and teach you how
- rotate bringing a healthy snack for the children
- attend a monthly, evening parent meeting to discuss business and parenting topics–night chosen by the group
- choose a co-op job that fits your interests, skill, and time to help with smooth running of school
- help with fundraising
“The parent educators really got to know me and my child. I found their support invaluable!”
“I don’t really need “education” to be a parent….do I?”
You may not NEED education but this parenting role is a lot more satisfying when we do it together…and get coaching along the way.
Parent Education, following the Positive Discipline philosophy, is provided by parenting educators from South Seattle College through:
- topical discussions at monthly parent meetings
- a list of parent education seminars to choose from such as: Guidance & Discipline, Raising Boys/Girls, Separation, Sleep, Nutrition
- informal chats with your parenting coaches
- putting it all into practice in your child’s preschool
For more information about the importance of parents click on Parents above.